Tuesday, August 7, 2012

For the birds


I have been on the hunt for some art for a couple of walls in my dining room lately.  I’ve noticed a lot of places are carrying framed vintage botanical and bird prints and I love the look. (Ballard, Restoration Hardware, BHG)

I will admit I’m not the craftiest person out there.  I can’t draw, or paint, or sculpt but I’m damn good with a pair of scissors!  Plus, I have zero time and zero patience for tasks that can’t be accomplished in 30 minutes or less…unless they involve food, um, or wine.

I bought this vintage book of Audubon bird prints and went to work.  A few frames and matting from Michael’s later and Voila! 


Quick update for the dining room on a dime!  I think these would also be great in a kitchen or breakfast nook with white washed or grey frames.





No comments:

Post a Comment