Thursday, May 23, 2013

The first last day of school!


Just like that the school year is over!  Sure there are still some tears at drop-off from time to time but I’m pretty certain they are for my “benefit”.  He’s always making sure I know how unhappy I make him when I leave.   I’m told I will miss this one day.  I’m not there yet.

Can you believe what a baby he was back in September?!  Here’s 17 months versus 28 months.  Same shirt, second verse, a little bit tighter and a little bit…worse? Don’t say it and crush my nostalgia and desire to keep him little as long as possible, even if it means putting him in a tiny shirt!



His teachers made us a little scrapbook of pictures throughout the year, so sweet.  They may have even shed a tear or two hugging him goodbye.  I imagine it’s the ones that you spend the most time with that get you that way if you’re a teacher.  Judging by the number of times they had to walk him around the school perimeter at the beginning of the year I’m thinking this holds true!

Maybe there were a few tears shed by his Mama as well.  We’ve come a long way from crying for 3 hours straight and getting so nervous when we walked in the front door that he would lose his breakfast.


I know it’s a small step compared to what’s ahead but I’m really proud of my big boy today.  When you can’t find the words, just quote Dr. Suess!


“And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!”
― Dr. SeussOh, the Places You'll Go!




1 comment:

  1. You are so right, he has grown from a baby to a little boy this past year.
    I'm not sure but is he still wearing the same shoes?
    Papa

    ReplyDelete