Thursday, February 13, 2014

Oh, Hey Valentine's Day!

How do you celebrate Valentine's Day?




We always stay in and cook. Really the only difference between Valentine's Day and any other Friday night is the price tag on our wine!

Today I was thinking about our first Valentine's Day together. It was 2005 and we were still in school. Kyle had me over for "surf and turf", which on a Texas boy college budget meant venison backstrap and shrimp. It really could have gone either way but having grown up the daughter of a hunter, I appreciated the delicacy we call deer meat!

We opened a $10 bottle of wine (Coppola I think) and thought we were so fancy. I mean, college kids drinking any kind of wine other than Boone's Farm actually IS pretty fancy if you ask me. We watched 50 First Dates, a movie we still watch every time we see it on to this day. (I have no idea where Kyle's 3 roommates were...)

Funny how I can remember all of this and nothing of what I did last week! Hail to the power of the deer meat that stole my heart!

Here's to many more (and a better wine selection)!


I got roses this year! Either I did something right, or he did something wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment