Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thankful

Yes, I know it is December and that I missed all 30 days in November when you are supposed to write about being thankful but can we just put the holiday madness on hold for a second and catch up on Thanksgiving?

Thanks.

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by fellow blogger Heather Von St. James. Heather was diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma in 2005 at the age of 36. She received her diagnosis just after the birth of her daughter, Lily Rose. Heather went through extensive surgeries and chemotherapy in 2006 and was declared cancer-free later that year. Heather is now an 8-year survivor and on a mission to spread awareness by sharing her personal story.

More on Heather's journey here.

Her story really hit home with me as I am a new mom to a baby girl. I can’t imagine receiving the diagnosis that she did but I can imagine the fight that a little babe could put in the heart of her Mama! It was the least I could to do share her story and take a minute to just be thankful for all of the blessings in my life. 

Mostly, I’m thankful for these faces.




Even though I couldn’t get these faces to look at me for a Thanksgiving picture!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment