Monday, September 30, 2013

Back to work

My time is up. Twelve weeks came and went just like that. Maternity leave is over and I am headed back to work tomorrow. I am a mess.

Today started just like any other. I had a mile long list of things that had to be done on my last day off and so I loaded Cooper in the car to run around town with the promise of a park trip as a carrot at the end of the stick.

We stopped by the alterations place to pick up some pants. For whatever reason, Cooper decided the alterations guy's office building was the coolest place ever, much to the other tenants' chagrin. When I sensed that the title company and real estate employees had enough of a crazy two year old running around the "castle", I played my ace early and told Cooper it was time to go to the park. You would have thought I told him I was taking him for a root canal.

The power play that ensued was epic and embarrassing and at one point involved him laying face down in the parking lot. I called Kyle to tell him about it and he said it was just God's way of helping me let go before going back to work. I wholeheartedly agreed.

Then we got to the park and my attitude changed. We made nice and had a great time. As we turned to leave, Cooper said "Bye park! See you tomorrow!" And that's when I lost it. You see, tomorrow's got nothing on our park date.

So I naturally did what any mom-guilt-laiden gal would do and let him call the shots for the rest of our time. We may have ended up eating ice cream in the middle of the day!




Don't even get me started on this muffin!

(She's kind of rocking the Kate Gosslin. Don't judge.)

Who knew getting paid to stay home with your kids (a.k.a maternity leave) would be so wonderful?! Back to the real world!

2 comments: