Thursday, January 31, 2013

May the best [regionally themed] breakfast win!

Tomorrow at work there is a breakfast cook-off competition where the winner gets a free vacation day...I'm game!  As part of a bigger effort within my group, I was assigned an Italy themed breakfast.  Wait, what?!  I'm pretty sure Italians just have espresso and cigarillos for breakfast!  Time to get creative...

I started trying to dream up some sort of breakfast pizza then remembered my friend Chelsea and her mom Lisa make this really great fruit pizza.  Not exactly breakfast but I'm playing for a day off and I'll take my cheap shots where I can!

Yes, this IS a sugar cookie crust!


Note to self and others, use a cookie sheet with edges for the love!  I thought this would help my presentation and I ended up with burnt cookie in the bottom of my oven!



 The final product!  Wish me luck!


3 comments:

  1. It turned out so cute!!!! I love the Italian flag!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your recipe was the winner! Give my thanks to Lisa for my free vacation day...holler!

      Delete