Monday, June 25, 2012

Terrified of Technology

The ease in which my 17 month old navigates an iPad is terrifying!  He knows how to turn it on, find his games "Bar" (Peek-a-boo Barn) or "Wheels" (=Wheels on the Bus) and can sit there and independently play his game.  Wonderful for cooking dinner and airplanes but I wonder where this leads???

Here's a video of Cooper playing "Bar".



Fast forward 15 years and I'm picturing Cooper telling me: "I met this girl in an online virtual chat room where we had dinner via holograph while I downloaded her data.  Oh yeah, she's coming to meet you from China and she has a full-body tattoo."  I don't know why the tattoo but it seems fitting.

Kyle and I have resorted to joining every social networking site we hear of just to stay on top of the game.  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...you name it!  What I'm really hoping is that in 15 years its cool to "unplug" and go "tech-free".  One can wish!


No comments:

Post a Comment