I love a good crock pot recipe!
4-5 pound beef roast
1 celery stalk
1 bag of fingerling potatoes (or red potatoes)
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups beef broth
1 bottle of beer (I like to use a dark beer, bock or brown ale.)
2 sprigs of rosemary
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Chop onion, carrots and celery.
2. Place the onion and the garlic on the bottom of your crock pot.
3. Rub salt and pepper on the roast and place it on top of the onions/garlic.
4. Arrange the carrots, celery and potatoes around the roast. (I generally do not use all of the potatoes in the bag.)
5. Pour beef broth and beer over the roast.
6. Place the rosemary sprigs on top of the roast.
7. Cook on low for 6 hours.
8. Remove and plate your vegetables separately and then shred the roast over the top. Top with some of the pan juices and enjoy!