Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What's For Dinner Wednesday: Pesto and Tomato Baked Chicken

Here's another one for your quick but delicious weeknight file!

I've seen this receipt floating around Pinterest in several different places so I'm not quite sure of my source. Could have been here or here! The first time I tried this, I used chicken breasts instead of chicken breast tenders and I prefer the tenders. Better topping to chicken ratio! Also, for the kids, I used tomato sauce instead of pesto (I happened to have some in the fridge) and nixed the tomatoes.  Coop called it "pizza chicken". Score one, Mom.

Pesto and Tomato Chicken

Ingredients:

1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
4-6 tablespoons pesto
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Place chicken in a baking dish. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
  3. Spread pesto over the chicken. Top with sliced tomatoes.
  4. Sprinkle cheese over the chicken.
  5. Bake for about 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment