A note from Cooper...
Dear Mommy and Daddy,
There are some things you clearly do not understand about being 2 years old. Let me educate you.
- Throwing is a perfectly acceptable outlet for your frustrations. Just be glad I'm not a biter. See exhibits A and B below.
- The rules of mine... If I want it, it's mine. If you pick it up, I want it so it's mine. If I used to want it, it's mine. If it looks like mine, it's mine. If it's broccoli, it's yours.
- Bunny gummi snacks always make me happy. Don't you want me to always be happy? And let's be real, Mom. I just saw you eat 2 bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and now you're lecturing me on sugar?
- The cat really does like it when I pull her tail. Really. I will continue to assure her of this with many tight squeezes.
- Last night I called a 3am meeting to discuss my deteriorating sock situation. Overall participant attitude? Terrible. Work on that.
- If we do something fun, there is no way you are going to get away with doing it 1 time. Or 5. Or 10. And tomorrow the count starts from 0.
- You can not wear me out. I am highly entertained by your attempts though. Silly parents.
- I really like to know what everything "says". You seem to be really good at what animals say but what I'm really interested in are things like "What the mac n' cheese say?" and "What the basketball say?" Brush up and get back to me!
- I'll do it myself. In general, in life. Whatever it is, I will do it myself. If I can not, please refer back to #1.
- It is never too cold to play with the water hose.
This piece of junk iPad was playing Jake when all I really wanted was Super Why. I threw it on the ground to show it who was boss. Mom, you say this is coming out of my college fund. Well, I say it's coming out of your shoe fund!
Not only does a thrown fork show you that I'm over these cold peas, it's a great way for me to show you I'm done eating all together. No, I will not pick it up.
That's all for now! We'd better start slowly anyway. You have a long way to go!