So for all the normal busy people out there, here's my recipe for shredded chicken tacos. I've seen several versions of this floating around Pinterest that don't include onions but, in my humble opinion, crockpot recipes either need to have one of the following: 1) a bed of vegetables sitting underneath the meat you are cooking (e.g. whole chicken or pot roast); or, 2) plenty of liquid (e.g. soups and stews). Trust my dried out nothings of dinners past to know this to be true!
Shredded Chicken Tacos
Chicken breast tenders
Taco seasoning (1 package or DIY here)
16 oz. jar of MILD salsa (I use Ranchero or something similarly very tomato-y)
Garnish: Green onion, avocado, cilantro
- Cut onion into large chunks and spread on the bottom of your crock pot.
- Place chicken breast tenders on top of the onion.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning (enough to cover).
- Pour entire jar of salsa over the chicken.
- Cook on low setting for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken, assemble tacos and garnish with your choice of toppings.
|I promise to take a better picture next time! I promise it's good…)|