Thursday, October 24, 2013

More Cooperisms



Awhile back I wrote a post called Man Meat and other Cooperisms. I love taking time to document these things because it seems like the moment I blink he’s on to the next thing and I’ve already forgotten what he did last week! I’m realizing as I write these that a lot of the Cooperisms are made funnier by the face that he pronounces his L’s as W’s.

Here are the “Cooperisms” of the moment!

Wots and wots and wots, pwease! – Apparently there is a number that is somewhere in the range of greater than five and less than what will fit in two little kid hands that is used when Cooper wants the max allowable of whatever he is asking for.
                     
     i.e. I want birthday candles! I want wots and wots and wots, pwease?


I’m going to be a Wizard! – A lot of people have been asking Cooper what he’s going to be for Halloween. He enthusiastically says “a wizard”! At which point I usually step into the conversation because he’s actually going to be a LIZARD (same as last year because he refused to wear his costume), but just cant say it correctly!

Halloween 2012

Go for it! – When Cooper wants one of us to do something, he’ll say “Go for it, Mom/Dad!” This is mainly used when he wants us to do something he’s too scared to do himself, like touch the pretend spider on our neighbor’s porch.

     Touch it! Go for it, Dad!

Beee-loon – Cooper LOVES beee-loons (a.k.a. balloons). A couple of weekends ago, our sweet friend Abigail came over for dinner and brought the boy a balloon. He was in heaven. So the other night just minutes after meeting Uncle Matt’s girlfriend, Katie, he marched right up to her and said, “Lady, can I have a beee-loon?” I guess he thinks all pretty girls that come to dinner should be bringing King Cooper a balloon.

Beee-loon!

I’m Superman! – Cooper has no idea who Superman is or what he does. However, all of the teachers at his school call him “Super Duper Cooper” and I guess sometimes “Superman”. Now he walks around all the time telling people he’s Superman by standing on one leg and sticking one arm up in the air.

Superman! Hattie's face says it all.
Swinging on my tush vs. Swinging wike E-Whore – Cooper has two different styles when it comes to swinging: “on my tush”, which warrants no explanation but is still funny; and, “wike E-Whore”. No, this is not some twisted two-year-old online dating site, it is simply on his tummy with his arms and legs hanging down like Eeyore, from Winnie the Pooh. Get your mind out of the gutter, gah!


The sun is waking up! (or going night night) – Instead of saying that it is getting light or dark outside, he says this. Maybe one day he’ll figure out that he shouldn’t wake up before the sun wakes up! On that note, can we please petition for it to ALWAYS be Daylight Savings time?!

I wish I could just bottle all of these up! On that note, Kyle and I had the following email conversation the other day that started with us discussing what time the sun would come up for his tee time…

From: Charles, Casey
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:35 AM
To: Charles, Kyle
Subject: RE: HBD


Gotcha. I’ll ask Cooper when the sun’s waking up. He’s such a muffin man. I want to eat him. 

From: Charles, Kyle
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:36 AM
To: Charles, Casey
Subject: RE: HBD
 
This morning he was cracking me up talking about having to catch the bus.  When I put him down last night I just looked at his little arms and little person hands thinking about how I better soak them up before he’s just a teenager or a young man. 
From: Charles, Casey
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:38 AM
To: Charles, Kyle
Subject: RE: HBD


Ugh, I know. He’s getting so big. It makes me sad. His hands are huge and they look just like yours. 

From: Charles, Kyle
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:39 AM
To: Charles, Casey
Subject: RE: HBD
We should just have one every 3 years.  Like keeping fresh milk at the house.  We’ll just have a fresh baby all the time.

From: Charles, Kyle
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:45 AM
To: Charles, Casey
Subject: RE: HBD
 
You can put that in your blog.

Love that man. And not just because he knew this was going to be blog-worthy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment