Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Sicklies

Last week the boys got the stomach bug. Blech. With the house Cloroxed from top to bottom and the bug two days gone, I am hoping that I am not jinxing myself by writing that we are in the clear. And by we I mean I...taking care of sick boys is enough without getting it yourself! Especially when one of them milks it for all that it's worth. Until his tee time, naturally.

I don't have all complaints. I took this rare instance of stillness to get some good snuggles in and to finally sit down and watch a Disney movie on a Friday afternoon and pretend that's what Cooper told me he wanted to do.

Saturday we stayed cautiously quarantined and spent most of the day barefoot in the backyard. I even changed out of my pjs before noon. Progress.

As it turns out, toddlers and pregnant women share similar tastes in snacks. While I was really wanting an Oreo shake and Cheetos, I went healthier and settled on a banana smoothie with crunched up thin mints and some Trader Joes popcorn. Judge not, I am pregnant and I said healthier with an emphasis on the "ier". Thank you accommodating husband for whipping up this treat.


Here's Cooper admiring my Spring polish..Essie's Mint Candy Apple!



Mommy makes an excellent chair.  As does baby sister.



Bulldozin'. 



What day would be complete without a meltdown?  Here's the "Squatting Tripod of Anger", a new addition to the portfolio of poses.




Have a great week, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment