Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dear Sleep Gods

Dear Sleep Gods,


I truly hope you are busy answering the pleas of my dear friend Chelsea whose 5 month old isn't sleeping a wink. I feel bad even bothering you if that is the case. However, if you have a minute, I have just a teeny weeny favor.

Remember when I had a 5 month old that wouldn't sleep a wink and I all but traded my soul to get just a little more shut-eye? Remember how I told you that I could easily spend the rest of my life only getting up once a night? Remember how I told you I would never ask for anything again if you just granted me a little relief?

Well, here I am, not with another "ask" but just a little teensy tweak. You see, I really wasn't kidding about the once a night business. I would much prefer to deliver milk or a pacifier at 4am and then go back to sleep until 6:30am than get up at 5am with Sister and be up for good. Here's the deal, a 5am wake-up ensures that: 1) I will have 8 hours of entertaining to do until nap time; 2) I will not have had even a sip of coffee before said entertainment; and, 3) I will definitely not be at the top of my Mommy-game for the rest of the day.

Don't you want me to be at the top of my Mommy-game?

I promise that I have exhausted all of my options before even coming to you. I've tried and earlier bedtime, a later bedtime, a shorter nap, a longer nap, warmer milk, essential oils, less visual stimulation during the day…nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. The girl just has an internal alarm clock that we just can't shake!

Seriously, I'm over it. I will take any time with a 6 in front of it.


Your pal,


Casey



P.S. Don't worry about Sister. She just makes up for it by falling asleep EVERY TIME WE GO SOMEWHERE. I'm not bitter or anything.


How I find her most days when I open the car door. Sloppy.

Still holding her packet. Impressive!

Strollers are for sleeping! 5am is for playing!





1 comment:

  1. Awww! My bigs have been playing this game lately, too! Anywhere from 530-630 is their favorite time- and the infant is asleep until 930-10 most mornings!!!!! If you get some help, send it my way! :)

    ReplyDelete