Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cooper is the best Mommy in the world!

He is, because he told me so.

Most mornings, both kids will play in our bed after waking up and while I get ready for work. Carrington is generally content with a toy, or her brother’s sock or the thread on the edge of a pillowcase. She will play contently like this for about 20 minutes, as typical second children do. I could just eat her up she’s so sweet.


Cooper usually sits and plays on the iPad, builds pillow forts around and on his dog and his sister, and barks general orders at me about things he needs. Typical firstborn. Sigh.


Poor Kona.

The other morning, I was putting on my make-up when I hear:

Cooper: MOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I. NEED. MY. IPAD.

Me: First of all, it’s not YOUR iPad (but really, who am I kidding). Second, how do you ask?

Cooper: I need my iPad, now?

Me: Try again.

Cooper: I need my iPad, now, please?

Me: Close enough. [I go fetch it for him like a good dog mom would.]

Me: What do you say?

Cooper: Thank you very much!

Me: [Riding the wave of politeness.] Who’s the best Mommy in the world?

Cooper: I am.

Me: Oh really?! Are you a Mom?


Cooper: Yes.

Me: Then who is your kid?

Cooper: Cita. (My mom.)

Me: …

He really has a way of making me laugh through my exasperation. Such a toot!





No comments:

Post a Comment