Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mom on Repeat!

These days I feel like a broken record.

These days I feel like a broken record.

These days I feel like a broken record.


Do you ever have days where you feel like you are on auto-pilot with your kids? Like some weird version of the movie Groudhog Day except it really is a new day but you find yourself saying the same thing over and over and over again?

If so, YEA! Join the club. If not, you obviously don't have kids yet!

Here are just a few examples of our daily phrases. Does anyone have a tape recorder? This might make my job a lot easier!

  • Tushi in the chair! - This one has multiple applications: carseat, dining room, shopping cart…etc.
  • I'm the Mom! - Cooper not only tries to parent his little sister, he also tries to parent ME! I often sub this line out with: "YOU'RE NOT IN CHARGE!" To a 3 year old…#momfail
  • Don't hit your sister! - Usually followed by "Don't wave that [whatever thing he has in his hand] around in the air and "accidentally" hit your sister either!
  • Step in your pants! - I don't know what is so hard about getting dressed but everyday it's like I have to explain it to him all over again. (As I'm squatting down on the floor offering my head as a balance bar, no less.)
  • That is not a toy! - My kids have what seems like 100 toys although they never play with any of them. Brooms, hangers and my nice camera on the other hand…
  • It's not snack time, it's [breakfast/lunch/dinner] time. - Why are snacks so superior to all other meals? If I call Cooper's lunch a "little snack", he will eat it without question…go figure.
  • Forks are for eating! - You would be surprised as to how many musical instruments, trucks and monsters our forks can turn into…to the demise of my breakfast table, no less!

These are just some of the little phrases I find myself repeating every day. I would LOVE to hear what is on repeat at your house! 

The little nuggets that make it all worthwhile!

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture...think that will be a screen saver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Laughing and nodding. The pants & the head to balance, the never ending requests for snacks and the "I'm the mom!" Must be those first borns. Logan tries to boss me around and I tell him no fewer than ten times a day "You're NOT the boss!"

    ReplyDelete