Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sleep Training: Part 3 and 4

The sleep training continues…

Always posing, even asleep. I think she pulls off the Miley Cyrus hairdo pretty well!


We had a great New Year's Eve! Two of our favorite couple friends came over for dinner, great wine and, of course, a late night round of Taboo. The boys are cheaters, by the way! 

Since we had some friends spending the night, I decided not to torture them with a late night cry it out session. So I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best!  


Night 3: New Years Eve

7:20pm - Nighty night time. She was tired and I didn't hear a peep from her after I walked out of her room

10:45pm - Dreamfeed. Sister happily took down a bottle of milk since Mommy was partaking in some particularly good wine!

3:45am - She cried, I caved. She was only 15 minutes shy of her "deadline" and so I fudged and let everyone sleep.

7:45am - Awake and ready for the day. A little too early for her Daddy I think!



Night 4: New Years Day

7:15pm - Off to sleep went the happy girl.

11:00pm - Dreamfeed. I meant to do this earlier but both Kyle and I fell asleep on the couch watching football.

3:40am - She cried. HARD. I've got to give it to her, it worked the night before so why not try again?! I went in to replace her pacifier but took one look at her and knew she wasn't going back down anytime soon. Kyle was fussing at me to feed her and not wake up Cooper so I reached deep into the bag of tricks and busted out the ol' butt pat. This has worked on her since Day 1 and after about 3 minutes of patting, she was fast asleep.

4:15am - Awake and apparently starving. You would have thought by the sound of things that she hadn't eaten in weeks. It was past 4am so I fed her.

7:30am - Fresh faced and ready to take on the day!


I feel like we are making some progress here. Although it is not her preference, she's been OK with eating once a night and is trending towards a later wake up time. I little more pushing in the right direction and I think we'll be there. Until I jinx myself with posts like these...

Thanks to all for your kind words and for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment